In order to ensure that your scheduled service runs smoothly, we've provided the following checklist to help you prepare for your appointment. Following this checklist will help your service technician get straight to servicing your system.
• Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
• Perform basic troubleshooting.
• Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
• Write down the model number of all your Bryant products.
• Be ready to explain clearly what problems you’ve had.
• Know when your problems began.
• Make sure the system is accessible by the technician, including units in crawl spaces or attics.
• Put pets in a separate room.
• Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your technician in.
• Be prepared to answer the phone. Many technicians call when they’re on the way.
• If you rent, make sure you have permission to have your system serviced.
• If your heat pump is frozen, shut it off before the technician arrives so it’s thawed and ready for service.
• Have information on all prior services performed on your system readily available.
• Be prepared to make a payment or provide payment information.
For a printable version of this checklist, click on the PDF below. For an additional troubleshooting guide, click on the Word document file.